Search

Mommy obsession, mosession?

I am obsessed with all things monogrammed and matching for my kids.  This is no easy feat because I have three and one of those is a boy.  It's also super expensive.  I try to not go too crazy, and I have a couple of very talented friends with machines, but it still isn't cheap.

Did I mention that I am not crafty?  I love it and I really try but I am not an artist.  I really have no vision of what things should look like.  With that in mind, I tried sewing.  Stop laughing, really.  I have a very talented friend who agreed to help me make curtains for the big girl room.  You see, I wanted blackout, super cute curtains and I was convinced that I could do it.  I did.  I spend hours reading tutorials, ironing, pinning and finally sewing.  They really don't look great.  Like, not at all.  Sooooo sewing is out.  

The problem is that I feel like I NEED an embroidery machine that will monogram.  I have another friend who got one and one thousand dollars later, is just getting the hang of it.  Do you know how many monograms I can get for one thousand dollars?!  Not to mention that with three littles, time is precious.

I have decided that I am going to order a raw wood monogram and paint it.  I am super excited about this project and really can't wait to see how it goes.

I had the same monogram crafty friend come over yesterday to help with the nursery.  With little Belle, I didn't get to do a nursery.  It was tough, but with the older two sharing the room, it just wasn't in the cards.  I am excited to finally get to work on that special room!  

I have one big L for her wall and I will do a write up on my nursery decorating and big girl room transition soon!  Here is a sneak peek of little Belle chilling in her crib while we were hanging pictures.  Can anyone spot what bedding I used?




No comments

Post a Comment